Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4/14 Team A Newscast

Click here to listen to newscast.

Being a producer has never been so easy with the phenomenal group I had on my newsteam. We had our producer's meeting at 1245 PM, and by 11 AM, my two reporters, and my anchor all had stories. It was such a weight off my shoulders, and allowed for me to find sound for every story we did and to make sure that everything was as well written as I could make it. We were fine on time, the only problem I ran into was when I realized that during the Newscast I had forgotten to put in the sound into the shared files for the Obama story we were doing before the tease. So, I cut the Obama story, and we had to run a floater on Consumer Prices in our B block along with the kicker, weather, and close. It worked out Okay, I just wish we would have been able to use that Obama story. As for my team, I thought David's story and initiative to go get it and find the right people to talk to was fantastic. After joking with Merav earlier in the week that she was going to go to some event to raise awareness for a cause, she went to the Genocide Awareness event. The irony was not lost on either of us. She also did a good job. Alyssa was able to get a story about mailing in taxes on a relatively slow day, and did a good job with so many ACTS. Ovcerall, I was proud of the job I did, and how well my team performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment