Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wired Wednesdays at Baldwinsville Public Library



The Baldwinsville Public Library is giving adults a chance to learn about computers and other technology they are not familiar with, by hosting a free weekly program called Wired Wednesdays. This week's session taught attendees how to download music from computers to mp3 players and iPods.

"I want to enjoy my iPod more. My kids loaded it up for me and now I want to know how to rearrange it, get rid of stuff, and put new things on," a newcomer to the program, Nancy Sears, said.

Librarian Val Chism began the program more than ten years ago with the intention of helping people learn about computer programs they might need to use to get jobs. But the program's current director, Julia Schult, said these days, people usually come for their own enjoyment or because they simply want to have a better understanding of what's going on around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment